[p4] maven release plugin with perforce

Tom Parker tom.parker at uiactive.com
Wed Nov 8 16:41:46 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 09:59 +1300, Tom Parker wrote:

> With these three issues fixed, I am able to use the maven release
> plugin.

It turns out I spoke too soon. Only some of the maven scm commands work
without a clientspec. If you have a correct clientspec configured in
$P4CLIENT or similar then the release plugin will work. If you don't
have one configured then it dies trying to edit a readonly file.

I will probably contribute a fix for this, since having a clientspec for
every release (because each release is in a different directory on the
build box) is nasty.