[p4] RCS keywords

David Alban dalban at stubhub.com
Wed Nov 8 17:54:50 PST 2006

Greetings,

I'm a unix person and so I'm used to seeing RCS keywords expanded in
comments in production versions of header files, scripts, config files,
etc.  I find that having something like:

  # $Id: foo,v 1.12 2006/10/30 19:36:47 dalban $

or similar at the top of a file helps me determine which version is
installed where.

I'm curious if the folks on this list choose to use perforce's
capability of expanding these keywords, or whether you have other
methods of determining which version of a controlled file is in
production.  Or, when you want to know, do you always go back to the
repository and get a checksum of the head (or other relevant) version of
the file to compare with that of the file in production.

Thanks,
David
--
David Alban <dalban at stubhub.com>