[p4] RCS keywords

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Thu Nov 9 11:30:25 PST 2006

That kind of thing is taken care of by the Perforce metadata so
you don't need the information in the files themselves. (The
information that would be inserted into the files is just a copy
of the metadata info anyway.) In fact, adding the information
through keyword expansion just complicates merging between branches
as it introduces non-functional changes which show up in diffs (not
a big deal, but why worry about it at all).

To indicate the source files used to build a binary, you generally
only need to include a single item in one file created at build
time. This would probably be a change number.

-Wm

-Wm