[p4] Installer enhancement request

Jamison, Shawn sjamison at ciena.com
Fri Nov 10 05:36:20 PST 2006

When someone is trolling around their file system with the windows file
explorer, P4EXP checks every file/directory they click on with the
Perforce server.
I had a batch of users that spend a good deal of time roaming around the
directory structure as a part of their daily work.

When I stripped everything out of the log file except the P4EXP entries
I still had 20 MB left of log file.

So in my opinion P4EXP does spam the log file.  When a typical week for
me of log entries hovers around 60MB for 7 days and I was well on my way
to 100MB log file for the week I know a bunch of P4EXP clients have been
installed.

-Shawn J>
Perforce Admin