[p4] RCS keywords

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Fri Nov 10 08:53:56 PST 2006

The assumption here is that it requires keyword expansion to accomplish
this. It doesn't, and there are better ways to accomplish identification.

We just generate an includeable file (header, .java, etc.) with the
build information, including keys into Perforce. This gets built into
anything significant and becomes part of the information in the CLI's
usage display, or GUI's About boxes.

If the build process can create inconsistent builds at all, that's
a different issue.

-Wm