[p4] Installer enhancement request

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Fri Nov 10 12:24:58 PST 2006

I did some analysis of our current log file with respect to the
clients, p4v, p4win and p4exp and got these results:

p4v   unique users:  5, Server hits: 21,618, Avg: 4,324
p4exp unique users: 34, Server hits:  3,619, Avg:   106
p4win unique users: 12, Server hits:    179, Avg:    15

I don't see p4exp being that big a hog. I suspect most of the
p4exp users I have are running with default settings, too, and
haven't, for example, turned off icons, server polling or limited
it's view, so most of these instances are running at max.

Maybe your users are just very active and if they weren't using
p4exp, they'd be using p4v more (which seems to hit the server a
LOT more often).

-Wm