[p4] Installer enhancement request

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Fri Nov 10 13:01:06 PST 2006

I recall seeing some of these issues a while back, but it's been
some time. I've got a late model p4exp installed on three machines
right here and it seems fine. (I assume it is using some reasources,
but I don't notice any hits.)

I don't always have p4exp logged in, so that may be part of it.
But even when it is logged in, and I'm in a directory it's
interested in, it seems to play nicely. (On two Windows 2k, one
XP machine. One of the Win 2Ks is a really old PII at 600 MHz,
too.)

It seems to me it used to try to check the status of every file
from the current directory down, and now it settles for only the
current directory.

For fun, I just pulled the network cable out of one machine and
the only difference is that the status icons aren't appearing
any more. It tolerates an outright disconnect very well, it seems.

-Wm