[p4] RCS keywords

Krzysztof Kozminski kk at kozminski.com
Fri Nov 10 21:13:52 PST 2006

You're correct, extra files would not be discovered with my original
instructions.

Note that nobody should be allowed to do any hacking, editing, etc,
in the build area.  All that ever should happen there is
synchronization of the files to the versions that should go into the
build. It is also a good idea to keep the sources and the products of
the build in separate directories. In such situation, the output of
the following command in the source directory will identify the extra
stuff:

   find . -type f -o -type l | sed 's/$/#have/' | p4 -x - files \
      | grep 'no such file' > unauthorized_additions

The extra stuff will be reported with a comment like this:

    ./stuff#have - no such file(s).

KK