[p4] perforce-user Digest, Vol 23, Issue 9

Jeff Grills jgrills at drivensnow.org
Sat Nov 11 18:29:46 PST 2006

That sounds like you're advocating wiping the local copy and resyncing
everything from perforce.  Isn't that highly wasteful, and also potentially
significantly slower?  I've seen depots with 100,000+ files and over 4gb of
data - I wouldn't want to resync that from scratch every time.

I personally also like the extra protection (whether real or imagined) of
having the files compared against their MD5 signatures to make sure that
they transferred to the client correctly, something you don't get with just
a wipe and a resync.