[p4] Creating and managing empty folders...

Melissa mkacher at msn.com
Mon Nov 13 19:07:39 PST 2006

Let's say you are using make. From what you describe, one of you actions
requires a folder. So to me, it sounds like that target needs to depend on
the folder. You should have a rule for that folder. It's action would create
the folder if it doesn't exist.

The advantage of this is that your builds always work, no matter what
version control system you use. You build will still work even if the code
is taken out of context (out of the version control system.)