[p4] developer branches

Betsill, Marilyn betsillm at TEOCO.com
Wed Nov 15 07:39:07 PST 2006

Has anyone implemented developer-private branches?

We have a limited need for them (1-2 devs out of about 10).  We would
use a dev-private branch when work on a bug fix or enhancement may take
several weeks, and a developer needs to minimize the impact of losing
his workspace (due to a local disk problem, for example). Builds would
break if the changes were checked in incrementally to the shared
'Working' branch.

I'm evaluating Perforce/p4wsad as a possible replacement for
CVS/eclipse; thanks in advance for your help.

Marilyn Betsill

TEOCO Corporation

Fairfax, VA  22033