[p4] cygwin p4 and local file spec syntax

Wade Scholine Wade.Scholine at citrix.com
Thu Nov 16 08:42:37 PST 2006

The problem is that I am an idiot. Of the 2000+ files in the client
space that I was looking at, I happened to pick an auto-generated one
(not in the depot) to do my testing with. I didn't look at the p4win
client view of the depot when it didn't work, which would have told me
immediately that the file was not there.

I finally discovered my error when I tried the bash alias of p4 to the
win32 p4 with cygpath and it still didn't work. My only defence is that
given our naming conventions, there *should* have been a file in the
depot with the name I was trying to use...