[p4] getting rid of clients?

Stephen Vance steve at vance.com
Mon Nov 20 10:50:01 PST 2006

Create a spec depot. It won't version any already existing clients, but
it will version any that are created or changed.

To version the existing ones, I use this script on Unix. Should also
work on cygwin.

# Preserve clients
for client in `p4 clients | cut -d ' ' -f 2`
do
        p4 client -o $client > $datadir/client.$client
done

That's a space between the single quotes in the cut command and back
ticks around the block from p4 to -f 2. $datadir is just a directory to
store in.

Steve