[p4] Often requested feature available in the 2006.2 beta

Jeff Grills jgrills at junctionpoint.com
Wed Nov 22 09:04:35 PST 2006

Precreating a valid change form is exactly what we're trying to avoid with
the new -d option to submit.

I don't yet have a 2006.2 server installed to test it out, but I wonder if
you could use "p4 submit -d" in a manner in which you know the changelist
submission would fail in order to create a numbered changelist.  Perhaps try
submitting a changelist with no files:

	p4 submit -d "This is my description" //nosuchfile