[p4] How to delete a perforce client

Subramanian Olagappan osubbu at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 02:47:01 PST 2006

Hi David,

I was able to delete the client spec thru the UI

p4win -> clientspec -> view client spec

then , clientspec -> delete <client_name>

I tried using the p4 command line options, and I ran all the commands you had listed and the output was ok. But I got the same error when I ran "p4 client -df client_name".

D:\>echo %P4CLIENT%
BAND0

D:\>p4 login
Enter password:
User xxx logged in.

D:\>p4 login -s
User xxx ticket expires in 167 hours 59 minutes.

D:\>p4 info
server address was ok

D:\>p4 client -df BAND0
You don't have permission for this operation.

D:\>p4 revert //...
//... - file(s) not opened on this client.

D:\>p4 client -df BAND0
You don't have permission for this operation.

I am i missing something here ?

Thanks to all

Regards,
Subbu