[p4] Accessing Perforce through the web.

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Mon Nov 27 11:29:18 PST 2006

That was my first reaction, but then I read the docs and, sure
enough, only browse mode allows multiple users to connect to
p4web. When used in standard mode, only the user named when
p4web is started can use it. Since the OP would like users to
be able to modify content he needs to run it in standard mode.

According to the docs, standard mode is intended to be used
with p4web installed on the user's machine, rather than a
server. That makes it just like any other client rather than
a centralized web interface into Perforce.

-Wm