[p4] Reverse Integration Question

Qazwart qazwart at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 04:51:01 PST 2006

You need to update your branch specification to document all of the
changes between //depot/main/... and //depot/rel1/...:

    Branch: rel1

         //depot/main/...  //depot/rel1/...
         +//depot/main/sample_05.xml  //depot/rel1/sample_06.xml

The above tells the branch spec that sample_05.xml has been renamed
sample_06.xml on //depot/rel1/...

If a file is no longer needed, you'll need to remap it with a "-" in
front.

    Branch: rel1

         //depot/main/...  //depot/rel1/...
         +//depot/main/sample_05.xml  //depot/rel1/sample_06.xml
	-//depot/main/obsolete.xml  //depot/rel1/obsolete.xml

When you do a reverse integration, Perforce reverses your branchspec
mapping for you, so you only need to create the main to rel1 branchspec.