[p4] AltRoots not working properly for version 2005.2

Sweeney, Tony sweeney at ea.com
Tue Nov 28 09:04:49 PST 2006

Does /u/user/testing/phase exist before you change the AltRoots:, and is
your current working directory there or in a subdirectory thereof? If
not, you would seem to be falling foul of the following logic described
in the manual:

"Perforce compares the current working directory against the main Root:
first, and then against the two AltRoots: if specified. The first root
to match the current working directory is used. If no roots match, the
main root is used."

Tony.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes -- Juvenal VI, 347-8