[p4] Reverse Integration Question

Chuck Karish chuck.karish at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 09:44:45 PST 2006

That's not what '+' is for.  No overlay mapping is needed for
this purpose.

If a file has been moved on the branch and you want changes on
the branch to be integrated back to the original file on the paren
code line, map the new file to the original file:

        //depot/main/...  //depot/rel1/...
        //depot/main/project/original_name //depot/rel1/new_name

Repeat for other files as needed.

Order of lines matters.  The view is read from bottom to top.
The first line for which there's a match in the destination branch
(the one to which you're integrating) determines the choice of
source and target files for the integrate of each file.

  Chuck

Chuck Karish   karish at well.com   (415) 317-0182