[p4] Triggers and best practice authentication from scripts

Tetlow, Gordon gtetlow at soe.sony.com
Wed Nov 29 12:02:11 PST 2006

Security level is meaningless when you have an auth trigger.

You *must* use 'p4 login' when you have an auth trigger. Using p4 -P
mypass doesn't work anymore.

I would recommend you run your triggers as a background user with a
really long timeout. Just add the user to a group with a timeout of 0
and you should be set until 2038 or so.

-gordon