[p4] Triggers and best practice authentication from scripts

Greg Whitfield g.whitfield at computer.org
Wed Nov 29 13:06:07 PST 2006

I may be wrong on this, but I have a vague recollection that the ticket gets
reset if you login from another IP address as the same user. If this
happened then the trigger would start to fail until you did another p4 login
from the machine upon which the triggers were executing.

Worth checking, and perhaps enforcing with the protections table to only
allow your background user account access from a single IP address.

Greg
~~~~