[p4] how to find out who has what checked out?

David Weintraub qazwart at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 18:56:31 PST 2006

Have you tried the "-a" parameter with "p4 opened?":

   $ p4 opened -a //depot/my/path/...

This will list the files opened on the path in all workspaces with the
name of the user and the workspace.

I take it that you're using "P4V" or "p4win" to do this because the
"p4 integrate" command will allow you to do the rename/move even with
open files:

    $ p4 integrate //depot/old/path/... //depot/new/path/...
    $ p4 delete //depot/old/path/...

Of course, it'll throw those people who had open files on the old path
in for a loop.