[p4] vexing p4v problem on mac os

Jon Gamble jon.gamble at analex.com
Wed Aug 1 18:11:07 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I have been an avid user and proponent of perforce for the past 7 years.  But I'm currently experiencing some bizarre behavior which I would call a severe bug - although I can't find any info about it with a google search.

The problem is that on mac os p4v, password protected users simply do not work for me.  p4v constantly complains about the password with a never-ending barrage of dialogs.  I know that I'm entering it correctly, I figured that out after about the 100th time.  Command line p4 with PASSWD env variable and windows p4v work fine - no problems, smooth sailing.

Any idea what's going on?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This transmission is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying of or taking of any action in reliance upon this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply e-mail.