[p4] vexing p4v problem on mac os

Russell Jackson rusty at rcjacksonconsulting.com
Thu Aug 2 00:04:18 PDT 2007

Have you tried using p4 login -a from the command line, and then opening
p4v, don't enter a password in the open connection dialog, just click okay,
and it should connect because you already have a valid ticket. If that
doesn't work, I would contact tech support.

Rusty

On 8/1/07, Jon Gamble <jon.gamble at analex.com> wrote:

> More info:  I'm running the eval version of p4d, the latest binary
> available as of 8/1.  p4d is running in a launchd configuration (but always
> up, not brought up to handle requests transiently like some launchd
> services).
>
> I would steer away from thinking this is a server issue though, all other
> client software on multiple platforms I've tried work fine for the exact
> same perforce user/workspace/password combo.
>
> -jon

RCJackson Consulting
Perforce Consulting Partner and Certified Trainer
rusty at rcjacksonconsulting.com
http://www.rcjacksonconsulting.com
tel: 775-636-7402
fax: 775-636-7625