[p4] partial file revert?

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Thu Aug 2 08:21:30 PDT 2007

Here's one feature from emacs+cvs that I really miss.  I haven't come
across anything similar in the perforce world, so I'm posting here in
hopes someone can point me in the right direction.

I habitually review diffs of all modified files before check-in.  When
using emacs' cvs mode, there is a way to go through the diff one chunk
at a time much like the perforce diff tool.  However, I can also
selectively revert a chunk if I change my mind.  Morever, since emacs
is an editor I can actually edit the file right there.

Using P4V, I can diff a file before submitting using CTRL-D, but this
is a read-only view.  I think I could achieve my goals if the merge
tool came up instead.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Steve
P.S.  Is this list configured to silently drop messages that have been
GPG-signed?