[p4] Adding with wildcards

Vinny Murphy (vmurphy) vmurphy at cisco.com
Thu Aug 2 18:47:22 PDT 2007

Hi Greg,

>From http://www.perforce.com/perforce/technotes/note012.html you could
do:

C:> cd src
C:> dir /b /s /a-d | p4 -x - add

--
Vinny
-----Original Message-----
From: perforce-user-bounces at perforce.com
[mailto:perforce-user-bounces at perforce.com] On Behalf Of Greg Leach
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 9:22 PM
To: perforce-user at perforce.com
Subject: [p4] Adding with wildcards

I'm trying to add everything under a given directory (recursively), but
the only wildcard that I know that does recursive operations is "...",
and that only seems to work on what is already in perforce.  "*" works
on local files, but isn't recursive.  Are there any wildcards that will
let me what I want?

eg.
I have a directory structure:

d:\src\trunk
d:\src\trunk\subdir\file1.txt
d:\src\trunk\anotherdir\file2.txt

And I want to do something like:
p4 add d:\src\...

Thanks,
-Greg

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information. This message is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
addressee indicated in this message, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you
may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone.
Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments
and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this
message and its attachments, which does not relate to the official
business of the sending company must be taken not to have been sent or
endorsed by the sending company or any of its related entities. No
warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer
virus or other defect.