[p4] Adding with wildcards

Greg Leach gregleach at kromestudios.com
Thu Aug 2 19:18:36 PDT 2007

I'm trying to do this from within an integration that we're writing for
our asset-control tool.  In regards to Melissa's point, intermediate
files will not be a part of this directory.  I was only using the
commandline p4 example as an attempt to show what I want to do.  :)

But it's looking like there isn't anything built into the P4 API that
will support that.  I can just search the directories myself and bake
them into the add arguments, I was just hoping that there was something
that could do it for me.

Thanks for your help!
-Greg

Vinny Murphy (vmurphy) wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> From http://www.perforce.com/perforce/technotes/note012.html you could
> do:
>

> C:> cd src
> C:> dir /b /s /a-d | p4 -x - add
>
> --
> Vinny

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information. This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message and its attachments, which does not relate to the official business of the sending company must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by the sending company or any of its related entities. No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.