[p4] p4 uri

Jeff A. Bowles jab at pobox.com
Sat Aug 4 19:37:53 PDT 2007

Richard Brooksby, in his Perforce 1999 User Conference paper,
talked about having depots named
    "machinename.companyname.com"
This made his Perforce pathnames look like:
     //machinename.companyname.com/dir1/dir2/file.txt
And he could easily prepend "http:" to it and feed it to
a web  browser. The P4DB / P4Web app on that machine would
take it from there.

There are lots of ways to do this, but Richard's is a terrific model to imitate.

   -Jeff Bowles
   Perforce Consulting Partner