[p4] Adding with wildcards

Fabien NiƱoles fabien.ninoles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 07:38:30 PDT 2007

For the codepage problem in Windows (the command prompt usually is set to
something like CP437 or similar for DOS compatibility, when GUI used the
most recent Windows-1252 codepage), here the script I used:

FOR /F "tokens=4" %%G in ('chcp') DO SET SAVE_CODE_PAGE=%%G
chcp 1252
dir /a-d /s /b | p4 -x - add
chcp %SAVE_CODE_PAGE%

It seems quite crazy to use FOR to replace sed, but it's quite portable on
DOS/Windows.
Feel free to use a better language. ;)

Fabien