[p4] Removing old files generated by Nightly Builds

Hugo Krapf hugo.krapf at gemmax.com.br
Tue Aug 7 13:16:47 PDT 2007

Hello,
Q. What's the suggested method for removing Nightly Build generated files? Obliterate them?!

I am new to Perforce. I've bought Laura Wingerd's "Practical Perforce". In chapter 8, she talks about Nightly Builds, and check-ins of generated files, and how to tag them with a rolling label.
I understand the reason behind checking-in generated files ("developers can have up-to-date versions of shared libraries and other generated files without having to build everything themselves"), but... it strikes me as odd to keep all those generated files in the depot forever, even after rolling the label to a new build!...  If the nightly label is moved to new files, there's no reason to keep the old ones, right?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Hugo.