[p4] Removing old files generated by Nightly Builds

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Tue Aug 7 13:37:18 PDT 2007

The 2007.2 version supports a +Sn file type where n is the number
of revisions you want to keep. Previous versions only supported
a "keep latest" revision type, +S, but even that would do what
you want if you only need the head revision.

For build output we use a separate p4d server with lots of cheap
disk storage. That can be an option as well, although it may not
be as convenient depending on how you use the build output. (It's
great for complete, installable images, but not very convenient
for libraries and such.) It uses P4AUTH to authenticate off our
main server so any user with an account on the main server also
has one on the build product server.

-Wm