[p4] Viewing files not in the workspace

Ken Williams ken.williams at thomson.com
Thu Aug 9 13:54:30 PDT 2007

Hi John,

The notation "..." is a shorthand for "all the files in perforce below this
point in the hierarchy".  So it doesn't include any non-perforced files.

In P4V, select a local directory in the Workspace View and do Tools ->
Reconcile Offline Work.

 -Ken

On 8/9/07 2:40 PM, "Dix, John" <JDix at MedManageSystems.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> In P4Win there was a way to filter the workspace view to view only those
> files that are NOT in the depot.  I cannot seem to find this in P4V.
> Along those same lines, what I am trying to do is to go through an
> entire directory structru3e and add ALL files not currently in the
> depot. I executed p4 add ... and it registered the fact that it couldn't
> add the files that were in the depot already:
>

> //depot/VSSIntegrate/EMS/eMedSample/WwwRoot/Route/eSigRoute.asp - can't
> add existing file
>

> (I expected this) but it did not add the files to the changelist to be
> checked in that were NOT in the depot. It seems like this is a newbie
> question that I shouldn't be asking... ;)

Ken Williams
Research Scientist
The Thomson Corporation
Eagan, MN