[p4] P4::ParseSpec question from p4 perl api

Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com Jamie.Echlin at barclayscapital.com
Fri Aug 10 04:10:30 PDT 2007

Hi,

I am writing a form-out trigger on "client", because I want to default
new clients to the revertunchanged option (anything other than the
submit unchanged option really).

Trigger looks like:
	ClientOut form-out client "perl \blah\ClientFormOut.pl
%formfile% %serverport%"

So I open and read the formfile in the trigger, great. Now, instead of
just do a plain substitution on the file (just in case SubmitOptions is
the user name or something - I know it's not likely but I have other
triggers), I want to convert it to a hash. So I call

$p4->ParseSpec("client", $form);

($form is the string containing the contents of the formfile). However
this starts infinite recursion because it runs client -o. Maybe I am
missing something in ParseSpec, according to the docs it should just
convert a string to a hash, no need to run a perforce command at all?

Cheers, jamie

For important statutory and regulatory disclosures and more information about Barclays Capital, please visit our web site at http://www.barcap.com.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.

Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP. This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays Group.