[p4] Change spec appears to be badly damaged!

Marc Chung mchung at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:06:42 PDT 2007

Hi,

Sometimes, after I submit a change list with p4win, I'll get the
following message:

"Change spec appears to be badly damaged!"

Flow:
-> Create change list
-> Submit change list
-> Enter text description in dialog (No way to choose files)
-> Hit submit: Error appears.

The problem also occurs in p4v, but manifests itself differently:

Flow:
-> Create change list
-> Submit change list
-> No files under "Choose files to submit"
-> Submit is disabled

Workaround:
- Creating an identical client spec seems to fix the problem.
- In fact, just modifying the client spec (reordering the views, for
example) and resending the specification seems to fix the problem too.

I likely haven't provided enough information to reproduce the problem,
but hopefully this helps someone.

-Marc