[p4] Error when restarting the Perforce Server.

Jeff Desharnais jdesharnais at maddocsoftware.com
Mon Aug 13 13:32:05 PDT 2007

Raghu and anyone else,

Could you give any more information on this?

We are having periodic Perforce crashes and have noticed the same error
in our event log.

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Perforce Service )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information
is part of the event: Starting the Perforce Service "Perforce"."

Can you explain more about what caused this and how to resolve it?

We are running version 2005.1 with the patch.

Thanks,

Jeff