[p4] Example Windows backup script?

Keith Graham - ID kgraham at uasc-id.com
Tue Aug 14 07:46:17 PDT 2007

Just as a note:

If you delete the old journals and checkpoints BEFORE you make a new
one, if the new one fails for some reason, you're in trouble. Hopefully
your backup is fine, but if it isn't, you're in trouble.

(We also run verify before creating the new checkpoint, so that we know
a valid database was used to create the checkpoint.)

After we create the new checkpoint, we then use "forfiles" to delete the
checkpoints and journals that are over a certain age.  (2 weeks in our
case.)  We have plenty of disk, so keeping 10 copies of the checkpoint
and journal isn't a problem, and acts as an extra backup in case one or
more of the files ends up corrupted.

Keith