[p4] line endings

Smith, Jeff jsmith at medplus.com
Tue Aug 14 14:07:11 PDT 2007

I do know there are issues working with mixed environments because the
Perforce clients on Windows adjust the line endings without checking
what is already there.  This can result in files having extra 0x13 at
the end of the lines.  In other words, if you set your client line
ending to Windows and sync a file that has Windows endings in the depot,
you will get an extra one tacked on.  The Perforce client doesn't look
at the file to see that the ending is already what you want.  At least
this was the case when I last checked the 2006 series clients.

Jeff