[p4] perforce labels

David Weintraub qazwart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 11:10:52 PDT 2007

Okay, let me get the question straight:

Joe created label, set the owner as Bob, and locked the label. Only
the owner or the administrator can edit, delete, or modify the label
itself. No one can attach, remove, or move the label from a revision
of a file until it is unlocked.

> Bob only can modify the files with that label. Is it possible?
I'm not sure whether you're talking about the label itself or the
files marked by that label. If you're talking about the label itself,
the answer is "Yes, only Bob (and the administrator) can modify the
label. No one can attach that label to a particular revision of a
file, remove the label from a particular revision of a file, or move
the label from one revision to another unless someone unlocks the
label first.

If you are talking about restricting what Bob can do and see to
particular files. The answer is no. Bob can still edit any file -- no
matter what the label is.