[p4] I line ending proposal

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Wed Aug 15 11:18:31 PDT 2007

Here's my idea of what I'd like to see as far as text file line ending

handling in Perforce. Thought I'd toss this out for comment.

Introduce a file type modifier which coerces a file into the desired

type, allowing the setting to be applied file-by-file or through

typemap:

            +W      CR/LF

            +U       LF

            +M       CR

Add a new LineEnd: option, "filetype", which responds to the new

file type modifier and could be added to an existing option as in:

            unix,filetype

            share,filetype

            etc.

Unmodified options would retain their current meanings.

-Wm