[p4] I line ending proposal

David Weintraub qazwart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 21:06:55 PDT 2007

The problem with triggers is that they cannot correct the problem. All
a trigger can do is prevent checkin if there is a problem. The user
would have to manually fix the file, and then resubmit it. That would
work, but at the expense of frustrating many users.

If there was a typemap or property/attribute way of handling this, the
problem could be handled on checkout. Nothing would stop a user from
checking in a file.