[p4] I line ending proposal

Ivey, William william_ivey at bmc.com
Fri Aug 17 09:09:33 PDT 2007

> One other thing - with content triggers you can of course
> check for wrong line-endings and refuse submissions.

Aside from possible performance issues, the problem there is
simlar to using an external tool - maintaining something
outside of Perforce to solve the problem. In this case,
the trigger might have to have access to some kind of
database similar to the typemap table where it could look
up what each file was supposed to be. (It could, of course,
skip non-text files.)

Attributes could provide that information, but isn't there
a persistence problem - some operations could clear them?
Or am I behind the curve on this?

-Wm