[p4] Windows file name length issues

Jeff Grills jgrills at drivensnow.org
Fri Aug 17 16:05:22 PDT 2007

We've had problems where the filename is valid on the client, but it won't
submit to the server because the path on the server would be too long.  I
don't think this has anything to do with Office.  We don't have a good
solution for this ourselves and would welcome ideas.  (To defend ourselves,
the obscenely long filenames are coming from a third party, not being
generated locally.)