[p4] determining p4 settings

Jeff A. Bowles jab at pobox.com
Sat Aug 18 11:09:41 PDT 2007

Certainly, when I'm writing a script and want to know the Perforce client
name or Perforce client root directory or Perforce user name, I use 'p4 info'.

If it disagrees with my idea of reality, then it's time to debug the
p4config/registry/etc.  Ultimately, however, 'p4 info' tells me what
the server thinks is reality. That's what'll be checked for permissions,
histories, and written to the database.

So, set it using "p4 set" or p4config or whatever, but verify that the
server saw your changes using "p4 info".

   -Jeff Bowles