[p4] Subversion changelist "counter"

paul goffin paul.goffin at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Aug 22 02:56:09 PDT 2007

Does anyone know if it's possible to advance the changeset counter
in Subversion in anything like as simple a way as can be done with
Perforce?

(I'm working on a project that is using both Subversion and Perforce
for different components and it would be nice to keep the changeset
& changelist counters as close to in sync as possible.  With Perforce
if need be I can move the change counter on with a single command
but I've no idea if it's possible to do anything similar in subversion.

I can do trivial dummy submits to the svn depot if necessary but that
doesn't seem like the best approach.)

Paul.