[p4] Sandboxes without branching

Shawn Hladky p4shawn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 16:36:44 PDT 2007

You might take a look at this (not what you propose, but does give you
versioning)
http://www.releng.com/p5layer.html

As for mapping 2 clientspecs to the same root, I wouldn't advise that.  I
tried it once to facilitate a scripted task... and even fully scripted it
was a pain.  The read-only attribute gets messed up, and p4config files
don't work to name a few problems.