[p4] Sandboxes without branching

Fabien NiƱoles fabien.ninoles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:03:33 PDT 2007

I have to do something similar because of our checking policy in the
mainline (all checkins must be revised and carefully test, which can slow
things down a lot).  So, I used a Private Version instead by using Mercurial
on top of my client.  Mercurial have some really nice feature for queuing
change and is designed from the ground up to be used with an external
revision tree (the DSCM model relied on this).

This post (
http://www.rockstarprogrammer.org/post/2007/may/14/using-mercurial-work-around-centralized-scm-limita/)
do something similar except I didn't use tailor since I don't care about
keeping my private history in the server.  hg just allow me to have the
flexibility of a DSCM for my work, while still following the company policy
for the mainline.

Hope this help,
Fabien