[p4] User initiated Codeline Freezes

Scott Marshall Scott.Marshall at citrix.com
Fri Aug 24 13:55:32 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Does any one have any ideas about how to offer a
tool/script that p4 users could execute to essentially
"freeze" a code line? I know that I can change
permissions in the protect table but that requires admin
access and I don't want to have keep changing this
whenever someone wants to lock a branch. I guess there
are triggers that could be employed but what would be the
best way to flag that the branch is locked vs unlocked?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Scott

Scott Marshall | Build Engineer

Citrix Online Division 		Phone: 805.690.5832
Citrix Systems, Inc.		Fax: 805. 690.6471
5385 Hollister Avenue		Email:
scott.marshall at citrix.com
Santa Barbara, CA 93111 USA	Web: www.citrix.com