[p4] Off-Topic: Where do you find quality Release Engineering talent?

Charles Albrecht charles.albrecht at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:42:30 PDT 2007

I've got a general question for the group at large. We've been working
for some time to staff out our Release Engineering team and we've had
a difficult time getting enough qualified applicants, even when
working with an in-house recruiter.

It seems many of the resumes we do receive are for applicants with
little to no SCM experience. Others have only a casual user-level
background with CVS/SVN/P4. Many of the candidates I've interviewed
seem to feel that release engineering should either be a subset of QA
or owned by the Software Engineering team.

I'd be interested in hearing the experiences of others in the group on
where you've successfully located quality Release and Build Engineers
in building out your teams.

Thanks,

-Charles Albrecht
 charles.albrecht at gmail.com