[p4] Archiving a depot?
yariv.sheizaf at sap.com
Wed Aug 29 00:14:36 PDT 2007
The full method of depot archiving - with ability to merge it back in
the future is:
1. Stop the Perforce service.
2. Copy the database and the repository files of the whole system to a
different server. Then, start the service.
3. Ask Perforce team for temporary license for the new server.
4. Install Perforce on the temporary server, use the copied database.
5. Using "p4 obliterate", destroy all the data except for the depot you
want to archive.
6. Stop the temporary server perforce service, do a checkpoint and then
backup to media the checkpoint file, the database and the repository -
that holds only the archived depot.
Now, if you will need to merge the databases, use the perfmerge tool -
ask Perforce team for the updated package.
SAP - B1X Technical Services TL
More information about the perforce-user