[p4] File modtime confusion

Mark Lee mlee at minitab.com
Wed Aug 29 18:52:09 PDT 2007

As Dave replied, the file has definitely changed.

> To have it 2nd guess your intentions would be confusing and
inefficient.

I'm not sure what there is to guess.  If Perforce is going to overwrite
my changes, I would expect a new modtime or at least a warning that the
modtime would not be changed.  The current behavior could easily lead to
build breakage.

Mark